Step Aside, Oreo
Raw Oreo's?! What would I have done if I didn't live to taste one of these? I really don't know.
Be prepared, you are probably going to want to make these asap. That's what happened when my friend (thanks Cal!!) emailed me the recipe this morning. I was all drooling in front of my computer wondering when I could make them. Lo and behold tonight was the night.
These were SO easy to make. It brought back memories of baking at Christmas with my moms old school swiss recipes. But there is nothing old school about these guys. Or swiss. They are so new school and totally west coast ;)
Here is what you do:
RAW OREO COOKIES
1 C Walnuts
1 1/4 C Pitted Dates
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 C Cacao Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C Cashews
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 C Agua
Dash of Salt.
1. Mix the cookie part in a food processor until it looks a little something like this. Actually it may be better to mix it even more, let it become a crumbly fine mixture.
2. Gather the mixture up and roll it into a ball. It was around this time that I did a little taste test and thought, oh ya, that is gooood. 3. Smash that ball with your hands into a flat pancake and cut out some circles with a cookie cutter or a good size lid. Then roll the rest in to a ball again and repeat.
4. Time for the icing. Put all the icing ingredients in your blender and mix. I didnt attach a pic because mine didn't turn out so great - ran out of coconut oil. So its a little chunkier than I anticipated, but life just throws us those curve balls every once in a while and you deal, you know?
5. Put a little icing on one cookie and cover it with another. Say: hello oreo, I'm going to eat you.
7. They are currently in the freezer. But what I just couldn't wait to do was dunk the oreo in OAT MILK!!!!
My day is complete.